TimeZones confusion - Which timezone does Exceptional use for Time ?

Bhavin Javia

28 Apr, 2011 10:13 AM

Hi,

I have got totally confused with the following behavior of Exception's Time as reported at various places -

For the same exception -
1. The Email notification reports Time as '28 Apr at 04:18PM'
2. When I follow the link in the email, the detailed view of the Exception reports Time as '29 Apr at 01:18AM'
3. The list view shows the Exception occurred 5 hours ago while it actually occurred less than 5 mins ago.
4. The tooltip when I hover over the fuzzy time '5 hours ago' says 'First occurred at 2011-04-29 01:18:59 +1000'. (This matches no 2 above).
5. All these times are nowhere close to actual time in my Timezone i.e. Brisbane +1000 which is also set under my Account Settings.

Some clarity on the TimeZones would be greatly appreciated.

If the TimeZone offset is mentioned in 'Time' value, it would help the user convert the time in the required timezone.

1. 1 Posted by Ciaran Lee on 03 May, 2011 02:49 PM

Hi,

The gem (assuming you have a reasonably recent version) sends timestamps in UTC. On the website we convert the UTC times into your local time. It may be that the email we sent you didn't convert the time.

The iOS client seems to have an issue with the timestamps it sends us, there is an open github issue here:
    https://github.com/leviathan/getexceptional-api-wrapper/issues/1

Kind regards,
    Ciaran Lee

2. 2 Posted by Robert on 15 Feb, 2013 08:45 PM

Hi, this is Robert with support, I am clearing out old tickets. If you are still having issues with this, send an email to [email blocked].

Thanks,
    Robert

3. Robert closed this discussion on 15 Feb, 2013 08:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac