App No Longer Sending/Receiving Exceptions

Craig Kaminsky

17 Sep, 2013 06:25 PM

NOTE: This is duped in Github Issues for the exceptional gem. Was not sure where to put it, so placed in both to be safe. Thank you!

Our app, on our development, staging and production environments, is no longer sending errors to Exceptional.io (and/or exceptional.io is not receiving them).

Our app had been reporting errors to exceptional.io flawlessly for months. With no other gem additions, updates or changes, the app stopped sending errors a few days ago. As best I can tell, our config/exceptional.yml file is fine:

development:
enabled: true
send_to: stdout
api-key: 'mykey'

production:
send_to: api

staging:
send_to: api

For development, I have tried stdout, log, and api and none work.

Running the exceptional test in the console works in that I receive the following: "Test Exception sent. Please login to http://exceptional.io to see it!".

However, logging into exceptional.io reveals no new errors.

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by mattm on 17 Sep, 2013 07:33 PM

Hello Craig,

Are you not receiving errors when viewing your "AdminCenter Dev" app? I'm seeing that the trial period has expired.

2. 2 Posted by Craig Kaminsky on 17 Sep, 2013 08:01 PM

Thanks, Matt.

No, it's not on that app. I actually set that app up today to try and test if it was our real/main app (AdminCenter).

All issues are on AdminCenter app (I wanted to delete the other but did not see a way).

Thanks, again,
    Craig

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by mattm on 17 Sep, 2013 08:11 PM

Hello Craig,

Did you also drop then re-add your main app as well? I'm not seeing a single existing (open or closed) error in your control panel aside from the automatically generated test error: https://www.exceptional.io/exceptions/435799093

Sorry if this seems simple, I'm just trying to get the basics out of the way so I can help you out.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by mattm on 17 Sep, 2013 09:30 PM

Hello,

Were currently experiencing issues right now with our back end system. We are actively investigating this right now, I will update you as soon as new information is available.

5. 5 Posted by Craig Kaminsky on 17 Sep, 2013 10:09 PM

Thanks, Matt!

I'll hold off dropping and re-adding the main app for now in case it was just a back-end issue. If you still need me to drop/re-add, just let me know!

Best,
    Craig

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by mattm on 18 Sep, 2013 10:45 PM

Craig,

I'm really sorry about the time-frame this is having, we're actively working with our database provider to scale out appropriately. As previously mentioned, I will update you as soon as anything new comes up, we're working around the clock right now to get this taking care of.

7. 7 Posted by Craig Kaminsky on 19 Sep, 2013 02:08 PM

No worries! Thanks for the update, Matt.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by morgan on 19 Sep, 2013 08:18 PM

Hi Craig,

I Just wanted to make sure we updated you about this.
    We have resolved the issues with the pollers should, If You have any other issues we will look further into it.
    Please subscribe to our status page for updates: http://status.exceptional.io/
    Thank you for your patience and understanding, We have taken steps to further solidify the service for you.
    Sorry for any hassle this has caused.

From,
    Morgan

9. 9 Posted by zohaib on 20 Sep, 2013 07:49 AM

Able to generate Test exception using this command $ exceptional test. But unable to found any exception on dashboard of "exception.io" . I am using exceptional trial version and its 29 days are remaining.

10. 10 Posted by Gul on 20 Sep, 2013 09:31 AM

i am also facing same problem said by Zohaib ....

it does show on console that exception sent

Test Exception sent. Please login to http://exceptional.io to see it!

but nothing gets logged on the site and in exceptional log it shows

[INFO] (["remote.rb:39:in `call_remote'"]) 2013-09-20 09:23:38 UTC - /api/errors?api_key=:api_key&protocol_version=5&hash=:hash - OK

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks

11. 11 Posted by nikita.chirkov on 20 Sep, 2013 09:50 AM

Same for me.
    Nothing appears in web interface.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by morgan on 21 Sep, 2013 01:27 AM

This should now be resolved.
    Please let us know if there are any further issues!

13. morgan closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2013 01:27 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac