Moving expetional to new heroku app

nramsey

26 Aug, 2013 11:18 PM

I have a current rails app on heroku, rails 2.3, ruby 1.8.7. The app has been upgraded to rails 4.0, ruby 2.0.0 and as such we had to move from the bamboo stack to the cedar stack which meant we had to create a new app. Both code bases have the same api-key, i added the new app to exceptional.io and it says I need to pay an additional $9 a month, even though I have already bought the exceptional plugin for the new herokuapp at $12 a month? Is this correct? Do I just sign up for the new one at $9 a month and then just delete the old app? Preferably I would like to keep my old app's data as well, but I understand if this is not possible.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by mattm on 27 Aug, 2013 03:28 PM

Hello,

Unfortunately all apps that get created will have that flat $9 charge as its considered a new "instance" in our system. If you remove an app though that $9 subscription will go away for that app specifically.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac